Important reasons why you need to attend MD AAHAM’s Annual Institute:
Attend sessions taught by nationally renowned speakers.
You will learn proven and new methods to decrease accounts receivable, reduce denied days, increase reimbursement, impact bottom line performance, and strategically plan for the future.Network with your colleagues – MD AAHAM has scheduled many opportunities for you to meet your colleagues, and develop valuable relationships you can build on for the future.
Vendor Hall – we will have a dedicated vendor hall for you to be able to meet with those that can best help you with your challenges.
Earn continuing education credits for attending the sessions, you will earn 10 CEU credits.
See the individuals and business that will be attending the event:
- Kim Scribner, CRCE-I, Howard County General Hospital
- Amy Weber, CRCP, MedStar Health
- MedStar Health
- Karen Moore, CRCE-I, Optum 360
- Jerry Teplitz, Jerry Teplitz Enterprises
- Pete Smith, Smith Impact
- Catherine Clark, CRCE, Kohler HealthCare Consulting, Inc.
- Kohler HealthCare Consulting, Inc.
- Carol Chong, Mosaic Healthcare Strategies, LLC
- Mosaic Healthcare Strategies, LLC
- Steve Kusic, National Recovery Agency
- National Recovery Agency
- Tracey Shetter, CHAM, CHAA, CRCS, Wellspan Health
- Wellspan Health
- Jim Whicker, Independent Consultant, EDI
- John Currier, AAHAM National President
- Sarah Mendiola, Fotheringill & Wade, LLC
- Fotheringill & Wade, LLC
- Peggy Naleppa, CEO, Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Paul Miller, Miller/Wenhold Strategies
- Miller/Wenhold Strategies
- Kevin McDaniel, Windriver Strategies
- WindRiver Strategies
- Lisa Woods, CHAM, Wellspan Health
- Kenneth Koerner, CRCE-I AAHAM National Treasurer
- Dave Timmons, Six String Leadership
- ROI Companies
- Accounts Receivable Clearing House, LLC
- MAMI and Bloom and Associates
Join local healthcare professionals for an evening of networking and drinks.
Join us as we celebrate this years CRCA Graduates, Corporate Sponsors and Chapter Award winners.
Registration: 10:00am - 10:30am
Opening Remarks: 10:30am - 10:45am
Education Sessions: 10:45am - 12:30pm
Lunch: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Presentation of CRCA Graduation Certificates, Corporate Sponsor Recognitions and Chapter Awards: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
‘Navigate the Seas of Healthcare Change’ at the 2018 Region 5 Dixie Institute at the beautiful Tampa Marriott Waterside! This event, hosted by the Florida Chapter, will take place February 25-28, 2018. The recently renovated hotel and waterside marina coupled with the rich history of the surrounding area will serve as a perfect backdrop to this year’s theme. The planning committee, comprised of volunteer members from Florida and the other four Region 5 States (AL,GA,SC,TN), is hard at work planning an event packed with innovative education sessions and unique networking activities.
DECO will be attending this year's Virginia Chapter AAHAM Annual Spring Conference in Charlottesville, VA. See the agenda below.
|8:00-8:45||Registration & Breakfast|
|8:45-9:00||Opening Remarks and Updates
President, VA Chapter of AAHAM
|9:00-10:15||Using Humor & Perseverance to Over Come Any Obstacle
Bil Benden, Comic, Writer, Think of Great Thoughts
|10:15-10:30||Break/Corporate Partner Networking|
Mary Dias, PFS Director, UVA Health System
Julie Kesaday, PAU Director, UVA Health System
Ana Blackburn, Patient Access Director, UVA Health System
|11:45-12:45||Lunch/Corporate Partner Networking|
Larry Fitzgerald, Chief Financial & Business Development Officer,
UVA Health System
|1:45-2:45||Hot Topics in Legal Collections, Credit Reporting and Bankruptcy
Mark K. Groves, Member, Glasser and Glasser, P.L.C.
|2:45-3:00||Break/Corporate Partner Networking|
Jay Andrews, Vice President of Financial Policy, Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
- Alternative Care Settings and Population Health
- Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Updates
- Automation in Rev Cycle/Finance
- Robotic Process Automation
- Claim Status Innovations
- Legislative Updates
- Business Growth Strategies (business planning/financing/marketing/networking)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan Management
- Intentional Communication
- ED Technical Coding and Charge Capture
- Synthetic Advance Refunding and Taxable Financing Options
- IT Engagement Models for the ACO
- Community Benefit Standards and the Rev Cycle
- Physician Interest (general)
- Health Plan Interest (general)
- Ratings Agency Discussion
- Leasing/Financing of Equipment or Real Estate
- Investment Management
- Payer Contracting/Negotiation
- Bundled Payment Case Studies
- MACRA Case Study
- Accounting Standards – with case study of implementations (ex. FASBs new revenue recognition standard)
- Worksheet S-10 and Medicare DSH Updates
- Intro to Healthcare Finance
Details will be available soon.